One of my favorite fruit is blood orange. Not only does it taste amazing, it looks beautiful too!
- blood orange have their unique color because they carry anthocyanin, powerful flavonoid pigments that exist in red and purple fruit and vegetable
- cold condition brings out the deep color in blood orange
- blood orange are also known as anti aging orange because they are only citrus fruit to contain anthocyanin, which nutritionist believe have anti-inflammatory property that affect collagen reproduction
- Great source of vitamin C, fiber, antioxidant, folic acid and potassium
- originated in Asia but are mainly grown in Italy
- Blood orange were once reserved only for royalty and the very privileged, featuring in many early European paintings, mosaics and poems.