Did you know…
- The first Thanksgiving Day was celebrated at Plymouth, Massachusetts.
- The first Thanksgiving celebration lasted three days.
- Mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies, popcorn, milk, corn on the cob, and cranberries were NOT food present on the first Thanksgiving feast table.
- Congress passed a law on December 26, 1941, ensuring all American would celebrate a unified Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday of November every year.
- In the U.S., about 280 million of turkeys are sold for the celebration.
- Californian are the largest consumer of turkey in the U.S..
- The average weight of a turkey purchased at Thanksgiving is 15lbs
- The heaviest turkey ever raised was 86lbs
- Black Friday is the beginning of the traditional Christmas shopping season
- Fun fact about turkey, they can have heart attack.
- Cant blame the turkey for making you sleeping. Even though turkey contains tryptophan,which can act as a sedative, but only when its consumed in large quantities.
- Thanksgiving is the holiday with the most drunk driving fatalities, even more than New Year’s Eve.