On the go and healthy beet and gouda pizza bites! Low carb, healthy, delicious and easy to make. And if you are always on the go like me, this is the perfect pizza bite for you because its quick to prepare. Unlike the frozen pizza you get from the grocery store, this pizza bite is fresh, healthy and great for portion control. I don’t know about you but portion control is hard for me when it comes to pizza. Shhh…I mean what could be better than warm cheese with bread.
Whole wheat slims (I got my from Trader Joes)
1/3 oz Gouda cheese
1 Whole Organic Beet
1 Tablespoon organic tomato sauce
- Spread tomato sauce on the slims
- Break the gouda cheese into small chunks unless you have slices
- Peel and slice beet and then place on the top of the slims
- Oven it for 15-20 minutes at 375F
Beets offer many health benefits:
- Drinking beet juice can help lower blood pressure. The nitrates in beet get converted into nitric oxide in the body and nitric oxide will help relax and dilate your blood vessels, which will improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
- Drinking beet juice prior to exercise can boost your stamina. The turning of nitrates into nitric oxide may reduce the oxygen cost of low-intensity exercise as well as enhance tolerance to high-intensity exercise.
- Beets are a unique source of betaine, a nutrient that helps protect cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress. It is known to help fight inflammation, protect internal organs, improve factors, enhance performance, and likely help prevent chronic disease.
- Beets contain powerful phytonutrients that give beets their deep color which may help to ward off cancer.
- Beets are rich in vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium and manganese.
- Beets contain betalain pigment which supports body’s phase 2 detoxification process
- Beets contain a significant amount of carbohydrates which will provide fuel for energy.
- When you feeling low, beets can take you higher! Beet contains betaine- the same substance used in treating symptoms of depression!
Be sure to check our beet pizzadilla!
**The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.**