One of my favorite Mediterranean dishes is Kefta! Kefta, seasoned ground meat (beef or lamb), is one of Morocco’s most popular street foods.
Seasoned kefta makes a superb grilled kebab —the meat mixture is formed onto a skewer like a skinny meatloaf and grilled. The kefta kebabs are delicious with a fresh salad and side of couscous, as well as served on bread. Traditionally, kefta is washed down with a glass of sweet mint tea. It’s delicious served with ratatouille.
1 Organic medium tomato
1/2 Organic sweet onion
1/4-1 cup Organic parsley (based on personal preference)
1/4 Cup of dill
1/2 lbs of kosher beef (or lean beef)
1 Cup Organic yam
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Cube the tomato and onion into small pieces
- Chop dill and parsley
- In a mixing bowl, add tomato, onion, dill, parsley with the beef
- Add Himalayan salt (a pinch) and a splash of olive oil to make sure the meat is moist
- Mix everything that’s in the mixing bowl and then make it into patties (yield about 6 patties)
- In the oven pan, pour a splash of olive oil
- Bake the patties at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes
- Peel the skin off the yam (optional)
- Slice it and put it in a pan
- Pour some olive oil on top and bake it at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
If you like me who loves spicy food, top kefta with Sriracha!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $19.29Was: $19.99
**The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.**