Yummy pumpkin swirl brownie! Perfect Fall dessert :p Great use of pumpkin after you gut it 😉
Pumpkin offers many health benefits includes:
- Rich in dietary fiber and make you feel fuller.
- Low in calories.
- Rich in antioxidants such as vitamin A, C, and E.
- Excellent source many many natural polyphenolic flavonoid compounds such as beta carotenes.
- Rich source of minerals such as copper, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Boost vision with all that vitamin A.
- Regulate blood pressure- pumpkin contains potassium, which has a positive effect on blood pressure.
- Sleep better- pumpkin seeds are rich in tryptophan. And tryptophan helps the body make serotonin, the feel-good neurotransmitter that helps you relax and unwind.
- Reduce risk of cancer- research has suggested a positive relationship between a diet rich in beta-carotene and reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- Combating diabetes- pumpkin may help control diabetes.
- Protect immunity- pumpkin is high in both vitamin C and beta-carotene, which offers a boost to immune system using a powerful combination of nutrients.
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
3/4 cup of all purple flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of brown sugar
4 oz of unsweetened chocolate or dark chocolate
1 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup of fresh mashed pumpkin (can use pumpkin puree
3 tbsp of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
- preheat oven to 350F
- melt the chocolate until smooth
- mix with vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla, salt and egg
- add flour last and mix until combined
- beat and mix all ingredients together.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Drop an alternating spoonful of pumpkin filling and the remaining brownie patter on to the brownie layer.
- Use a knife through the batter in a zig-zag motion to swirl the brown and pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Wanna try another one of our pumpkin recipes? Click here.