Summer is here! Lets make some refreshing and fresh spinach salad to stay cool in this hot weather! Unlike other salad like Cesar or 1000 island, this salad is low in fat and low in calories! Very beach friendly 😉 Unlike other salad you have had, this one taste refreshing and full of flavors.
Recently my family discovered this recipes and have been obsessed with this salad! It is easy to make and no one complaints in the family. It is great for late night dinner when you try to scramble what to eat or you simply want something light!
Fresh garlic (1-2 cloves)
Red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- In a pot, boil enough few cups of water
- Once the water is boiled, dip the spinach in the water for no more than a minute. Remember don’t submerge it in the water for too long or else you will over cook it and lose nutritional value.
- chop the garlic into cubes
- if you have the time, we recommend that you stir fry sesame in a pan for few minutes.
- in a mixing bowl, mix spinach, garlic, sesame and balsamic vinger together
- if you like spicy food, add few flakes of red chili pepper
Remember when we were younger, Popeye always eats spinach? Well, he ate spinach for reasons 😉
Spinach is one of wonder green leafy vegetable that offers wholesome nutritional value, antioxidant and anti-cancer composition!
Spinach is low in calories, rich in antioxidant like vitamin A, C and flavonoid. Spinach leaves are excellent source of vitamin K and iron. The leaves also contains a great amount of mineral like potassium, manganese, magnesium and zinc. It is also a good source of omega 3 fatty acids.
No wonder Popeye ate spinach! Time for us to get our spinach in!