Upgrade your old boring cucumber salad with this delicious and refreshing snake cucumber salad. Perfect entertainment for your family, especially you kids this summer!
I know the dish name sounds kind of scary… snake?! No worries, there is no snake involved in making this salad nor will you be eating any snake.
2 organic Chinese snake cucumber or European cucumber (the straighter and longer the better it is for making this dish)
1-2 Organic fresh red pepper
4 organic goji berry (for the eyes)
- spiral cut the cucumber
- Sprinkle some salt on top (a small pinch)
- In a tray or container, place the spiral cucumber-like shape of a snake
- In a small bowl mixed vinegar with pinch of sugar (depends on how sweet you want it ) and 1-2 fresh red pepper
- Pour the vinegar on top the cucumber. If half of the snake is not in the vinegar, pour some extra vinegar until the snake is covered half way.
- Place goji berry at the face
- Refrigerate the salad for 20-30 mins and then serve cold!