Fun facts of the week: cauliflower
- cauliflower can grow from 8-30 inches both in height and width
- cauliflower is available in all different colors: purple, green, white, and yellow, orange and brown.
- cauliflower belongs to the group of cruciferous vegetables. They are named that way because they have flowers that consist of four petals
- excellent source of fiber, vitamin C, K and vitamins of B group and minerals such as manganese, potassium and magnesium.
- often used to substitute for rice
- China is the greatest manufacturer of cauliflower in the world
- Cauliflower came from Syria by Spanish Arab in the 12th century.