Facts of the week: garlic
- According to Christian mythology, when Santa left the Garden of Eden, garlic grew from his left footprint.
- Garlic has been used as repellant for evil-including vampires
- Garlic can be used as repel insect towards mosquito, mites, and fleas
- April 19th is national garlic day
- In the Medieval time, garlic was used to cure drunkenness and over-eating
- Some one who is fear of garlic is called alliumphobia
- The garlic smell is a chemical reaction that occurs when garlic cells are broken. The smell is the most intense after mincing.
- Apply garlic on wounds can heal them faster.
- China produces the most garlic! Surprise!
- There are white, pink and violet varieties of garlic.
- Garlic is toxic to cats and dogs.
- Garlic can thin the blood similar to the effect of aspirin
- In the U.S., 90% of garlic comes from California! woohoo!
[amazon_link asins=’B0055J865W,B000WR8TT0,B00TE16AB4,B00RPWI2II,B000611RH8,B00CQ7J9LG,B004HCGGE6,B072MVJWH8,B00IYB50HK’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’US-1′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5559ddab-f352-11e7-8ffd-9773af377c66′]