Fun Facts of the Week: Fast Food
- McDonald’s fast-food chain employs over 1.5 million people around the world.
- Burger King is called “Hunger Jack’s” in Australia.
- You cant be more than 115 miles from a McDonald’s in the continental USA.
- Taco Bell has attempted to open stores in Mexico two different times. Their food was labeled as “American food”.
- Because of a successful marketing campaign 40 years ago, KFC chicken has become a popular destination for Christmas dinner in Japan. Some customer even places their Christmas order two months in advance.
- Before 2013, Pizza Hut was the number one purchaser of kale. They didn’t even serve it- they use it as a decoration of their salad bars.
- White Castle is the first fast food restaurant. It was founded in 1921
- The original Dunkin’ Donut had a handle to make dunking easier.
- About two new Starbucks has opened every day since 1987.
- the consumer in the USA spend over $100 billion on fast food every year