One of my favorite fruit is blood orange. Not only does it taste amazing, it looks beautiful too!
This week’s fun fact: Blood orange
- Blood orange have their unique color because they carry anthocyanin, powerful flavonoid pigments that exist in red and purple fruit and vegetable
- Cold condition brings out the deep color in blood orange
- Blood orange is also known as anti-aging orange because they are only citrus fruit to contain anthocyanin, which nutritionist believe have an anti-inflammatory property that affects collagen reproduction
- Great source of vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, folic acid, and potassium
- Originated in Asia but are mainly grown in Italy
- The blood orange was once reserved only for royalty and the very privileged, featuring in many early European paintings, mosaics, and poems.
[amazon_link asins=’B002UQAGJC,B00QXVMMZQ,B004UOV826,B01JSAYNQE,B00NVF1OLK,B072Q6VFMH,B071Z6R11M,B0785R7HQS,B011J6YDZ6′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’US-1′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c826fb56-f33a-11e7-816c-7fb296b8f719′]