Fun facts of the day: banana
- Banana float in water
- The scientific name for banana is must sapientum, which means “fruit of the wise men”.
- There is a banana club museum located in Mecca, California.
- Rubbing a banana peel on a mosquito bite or poison ivy, it will help keep it from itching and getting inflamed.
- Rub inside of a banana peel on your teeth for about 2 minutes every night, it will whiten your teeth
- Banana makes a great conditioner that helps restore dry, damaged hair.
- Rub banana peel on your forehead can help with a headache
- More than 100 billion bananas are eaten every year in the world
- American eat an average 27 pounds of banana per person every year.
- 96% of American household buy a banana at least once a month
- 51% of bananas are eaten for breakfast
- More song has been written about banana than any other fruit
- Bananas are technically berries
- About 75% of the weight of a banana is water
- banana is naturally radioactive. This comes from the fact that they contain a relatively high amount of potassium.
- There are approximately 1000 different types of banana plants in the world
- The phrase ‘ going bananas’, was first recorded in the Oxford English Dictionary and is linked to the fruit’s ‘comic’ connection with monkeys.
- A cluster of banana is formerly called a “hand” and a single banana is called a “finger”
[amazon_link asins=’B00BOJ7YX2,B00DUA3P7M,B00FJ96G6O,B014JUUHOA,B00S5MSJTY,B06XTY2SP6′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’US-1′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6334e3ea-f33b-11e7-aec6-8f02ac28ade4′]