Fun Facts Of Avocado
- Avocado is fiber-rich! Both insoluble and soluble fiber!
- Avocado is a fruit and its a climacteric meaning it mature on the tree but ripen off of the tree.
- Avocado needs love, too. Avocado tree does not self-pollinate. They need another avocado tree close by to bear fruit.
- Avocado is an Aztec symbol of love and fertility, and they grow in pairs on trees.
- ~75% of the calories in it are from fat, making it one of the fattiest plant food in existence. But they don’t just contain any fat… the majority of the fat in avocado is oleic acid.
- There is one season for avocado in California. The season stretches from around April through September. The trees usually bloom once a year, around February.
- There are hundreds of different types of avocados, ranging from oval-shaped, light-skinned back variety to pear-shaped, thin-skinned variety.