Did you know… Candy cane
- The original candy cane was straight, all white, and hard.
- A candy cane turned upside down is the letter J, which many believe represents Jesus.
- National candy cane day is December 26
- The first candy cane was made over 350 years ago.
- The first historical reference in America to candy cane date back to 1847.
- The red and white striped candy canes were first made around 1900.
- Over 1.76 billion candy canes are made each year.
- The traditional candy cane flavor was more than just peppermint and the color red and white.
- Geneva pastry chef Alain Roby broke his third Guinness World Record by creating the world’s longest candy cane in 2012. It measuring at 51 feet long. The previous record was 38 feet.