Fun facts of the week: onion
- Onion has been a part of human diet for more than 7,000 years
- Sliced onions poisonous? its an urban myth.
- Holy onion its a thing! Ancient Egyptians worshipped onion. The onion was often placed in burial tombs of pharaohs.
- Do not feed your dog onion, as it can weak your dog red blood cells!
- In the middle age, the onion was an acceptable form of currency.
- the reason why you cry when cutting onion because it releases sulfuric acid.
- According to the Guinness book of world record, the biggest onion ever grown was 18lbs in 2011.
- sliced onion can soothe insect bites and burn on the skin
- onion was used as diuretic
- crushed onion can be used for polishing of silverware and other metal objects