Fun facts of the week: Yerba Mate
- Yerba Mate is a plant of the holly family that is grown and processed in northern Argentina, Paraguay, and southern Brazil.
- the cultivators are known as yerbateros.
- the traditional method of drinking yerba mate consists of a small cup, usually fashioned out of a gourd, and a metal bombilla.
- It is illegal to drink from a bombilla in Uruguay while driving because of the number of deaths incurred from bumbles being projected into the users head was substantial.
- mateine- the component that provides its stimulating effects, which some claim is different from caffeine but is actually is another name for caffeine.
- Yerba Mate has been traditionally used as an appetite suppressant and weight loss tool.
- yerba mate contains vitamins that include C, B1, and B2.
- The leaves of the rainforest mate tree naturally contain 24 vitamins and mineral, 15 amino acids, and antioxidants
[amazon_link asins=’B0027CNY7U,B06XP7Z7H8,B001TNXSZG,B017DJ7I1O,B0012BSH9W,B008234L0C,B0034KQQL0,B01K8IAE72,B003AYEHN4′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’US-1′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’36de8e9b-f339-11e7-82de-fd1ce43636a5′]