Fig scallop salad is a gorgeous healthy dish that will brighten your day. Add a twist to your classic salad with lightly seared scallops and figs, and dress it with herbs and lemon vinaigrette dressing.
Lately, I have been craving a sweet and salty salad. Since I don't have prosciutto on hand, I decided to use scallop as a substitute. Scallops are a perfect addition to a salad. They give that salty taste while adding more depth and texture to the dish. If you cook them properly, they will offer a delicate sweet flavor that will melt in your mouth. If you overcook it, it will become rubbery and chewy.
Fig is another delicious ingredient to add to your salad. They are sweet and jammy in nature, so adding them to your salad is a great way to add healthily and deliciousness without a lot of extra effort. Plus, they are stunningly beautiful.
If you got fig and scallop sitting at home, make some sweet and salty fig scallop salad.
Sweet & Salty Fig Scallop Salad
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 6 Minutes
Serving Size 2
Scallop Fig Salad
~12 Whole Sea Scallop
1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
5 Ounce Lettuce Or Mixed Greens chopped
3-4 Whole Fresh Figs sliced, Can use dried if fresh is not available
1 Tablespoon Herbes de Provence
1 Clove Garlic Sliced
Avocado Oil For Cooking
1 large Lemon
4-5 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon Maple syrup or honey
1/4 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
pinch of salt and ground black pepper
Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
Scallop Fig Salad
1. In a small/ medium skillet or a stir fry pan, pour some oil, and add your garlic. Let it heat up on medium heat and cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Use a paper towel, pat dries your scallop.
3. Once the oil is heat up, put in your scallop into the pan. Cook about 1-2 minutes on each side and sprinkle some salt on top of each side. Then turn the heat off and remove it from the stove when it's done. You want to make sure you are not overcooking them or burn it.
4. In a serving plate, place your lettuce along with some sliced figs. Then place your cooked scallop on top. Sprinkle Herbes De Provence and drizzle your lemon vinaigrette.
And there you have a delicious fig scallop salad that is ready to be shared.
- Perfectly seared sea scallop should have a salty crust and tender center. If you want a lightly seared scallop, you have to really watch the scallop closely.
- When it comes to scallop, sea scallop does a much better job and bay scallop. But bay scallops would also work.
- The trick to getting the perfect seared scallop is to pat the scallops dry before cooking them.
- Scallop can be expensive to buy. I get my scallop from Imperfect Foods for slightly cheaper than your average grocery store.