Organic Celery Soup
What could be better than a bowl of organic, refreshing, hot celery soup on a cold rainy day?
Preparation: 5 minutes
Processing: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
1 One organic bunch of celery
2 Organic medium potatoes
1/2 Organic medium white onion
5-6 Garlic cloves
Organic dill leaves
Two cups of water
- Clean and cut the celery stem into small pieces (no leafs). Peel the potatoes, onion and garlic cloves and cut into small pieces.
- Chop few dill leaves.
- Pour water into a pot and boil it.
- When it starts to boil put celery, potatoes and garlic cloves into the pot. Cover the lid and turn the heat on medium to slow.
- Check the potatoes with the help of using a fork. Once you can poke through the potato with a form, off the heat and let it cool.
- pour everything into a blender and blend it.
- Once it’s blended, pour it back into the pot and place it on the stove.
- Add salt and black pepper based on personal preference. Stir it well for 2 minutes. The starch from the potato will thicken the soup.
- Once the soup thickens, serve it in a bowl, sprinkle some fresh dill leaves.
- Enjoy the hot soup.
Garlic and dill leaves enhance the flavor a lot.
Celery: Low-calorie vegetable. Good source of vitamin A and K.
Potato: One medium-sized potato contains 20 grams of carbohydrates.
Garlic: Garlic consumption decreases the risk of cancer. Some studies say it may prevent the common cold.