Starting the day with vegan and gluten-free beets and apple cold press juice! We are obsessed with our new juicer! At least I am 🙂
Beets have many great health benefits. It may help lower blood pressure, boost stamina (source of energy), fight inflammation, contains anti-cancer property, help support mental health, support detoxification and much more. For those who are wondering how much to drink to see an effect on lowering blood pressure? According to Dr. Oz, one to two cups juice a day has been shown to have a significant effect on lowering blood pressure.
1 Organic gala apple
3 Beets and Beets Green
Press it through the juicer
Beets offer many health benefits:
- Drinking beet juice can help lower blood pressure. The nitrates in beet get converted into nitric oxide in the body and nitric oxide will help relax and dilate your blood vessels, which will improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
- Drinking beet juice prior to exercise can boost your stamina. The turning of nitrates into nitric oxide may reduce the oxygen cost of low-intensity exercise as well as enhance tolerance to high-intensity exercise.
- Beets are a unique source of betaine, a nutrient that helps protect cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress. It is known to help fight inflammation, protect internal organs, improve factors, enhance performance, and likely help prevent chronic disease.
- Beets contain powerful phytonutrients that give beets their deep color which may help to ward off cancer.
- Beets are rich in vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium and manganese.
- Beets contain betalain pigment which supports body’s phase 2 detoxification process
- Beets contain a significant amount of carbohydrates which will provide fuel for energy.
- When you feeling low, beets can take you higher! Beet contains betaine- the same substance used in treating symptoms of depression!
Wanna learn more about beets? Check out our fun fact page.