Stay cool and healthy with this vegan eggplant sandwich! Guilt-free and great way to stay cool!
Yield 4 sandwiches
Ingredients for Eggplant Patties:
1 Whole large eggplant
2-3 Teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 Cup multigrain breadcrumbs
1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
1.4 Teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 Cup almond milk or soy milk
1/2 Cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 Cup of vegetable oil (for frying)
Fill in ingredients:
1 Whole organic tomato
Organic fresh mixed green (personal preference)
- Cut the eggplant into approx. 1/2″ thick rounds. You should get about 8 larger rounds and have about 1/3 of the eggplants remaining. If desired, you can make mini ones with remaining eggplant.
- Laying the 8 slices on a rack and sprinkle about 2-3 tsp of salt over each side of the eggplant slices to let the excess water out. Wait for 30 minutes.
- Then rinse the eggplant under water and pat dry them with a clean towel or paper towel
- In a shallow mixing bowl, mix bread crumbs, Oregon, salt, and pepper together.
- Coat the pieces of eggplant in flour, then dredge it in almond milk, and then put it in the breadcrumb mixture
- Fry the eggplant patties in a pan until golden brown
- Once it’s done, let it cool down
To assemble the sandwich, use 2 patties per sandwich.
- Smear hummus onto both sides of the patties or one side. The amount of hummus will vary based on individual preference. (1/2″ is recommended)
- Depends on if you are making 4 sandwich or one, slice the tomato.
- Insert the sliced tomato on top of the hummus and then add sprout. If desired, you can add other mixed greens or with other mixed greens.
- Once is done, place two pieces of eggplant together and enjoy!
Storage and shelf life:
Recommend storage in cool condition (refrigeration) and recommend consumption within 5 days. To reheat the eggplant patties, recommend oven or microwave.