Delicious veggie pumpkin coconut curry recipe that is super easy to make and with ingredients you have right in your kitchen. Creamy and cozy pumpkin coconut curry recipe that is pack with hearty vegetables. It is the perfect dish for a rainy day or winter wonderland.
This pumpkin coconut curry recipe is vegan friendly, and you can always tweak it to your liking.
Pumpkin Coconut Curry Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serving Size: 2
1 Can Pumpkin puree
1 Can Coconut Milk
1 shallot (or you can substitute with 1/4 of a onion) Finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon himalayan salt
2 Serrano pepper (You can always use one if you can't handle alot of heat)
5 Mini Bell Peppers* Chop to small pieces
2 Whole potatoes* chop to cubes
3.2oz shiitake mushrooms* Slices
1 Cup Of Water
1 Small Cube Of Ginger (Optional)
(*Feel free to substitute or swap the ingredient)
- In a medium or large sauce pan, heat up finely chopped onion. If your pot is not a nonstick, add a small amount of oil. Heat up the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, pumpkin puree, spices, and water. You can add half to start and then add more later if needed.
- Bring to boil and add in the veggies. Make sure you add the veggie that require to cook the longest first.
- Once it's close to being done, add in your serrano pepper. If you can't handle alot of heat, try to add alittle at a time until you find your comfort level.
how to prepare pumpkin coconut curry
This pumpkin coconut curry recipe is super easy to make and easy to prepare. Not much prepping is needed unless you are planning on using fresh pumpkin. If you are using fresh pumpkin, I recommend that you steam it until its soften. You can then either use it as chunks or puree it.
If you don't have fresh pumpkin, canned pumpkin will do.
As to prepping, all you need to do is some chopping.
If you do decide to add meat to the recipe, make sure your meat is fully defrosted before making this recipe.
how cook pumpkin Coconut curry
Cooking pumpkin coconut curry is easy. All you need is a large sauce pan or a medium size pot.
You want to cook the base aka "sauce" first and then add in your protein and vegetables.
The Perfect Coconut Milk To Use
When it comes to finding the perfect coconut milk, here is what I look for:
- Organic certified and non GMO verified
- Simple ingredients: 2 Ingredients at the most
- No added sugar
- Never go with lite
Coconut milk contains high levels of saturated fat, making it a very calorie-rich food. It is pack with vitamins and minerals, but the nutritional contents vary by product.
The Perfect Can Pumpkin To Use
If you don't have access to fresh pumpkin or it's not the season for it, you can use pumpkin puree.
When choosing pumpkin puree, here is what you should look for:
- Organic and non-GMO verified
- Simple ingredients: it should only be pumpkin
Pumpkin is very nutritious and low in calories. It is pack with a variety of nutrients, including fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.