Delicious mini chocolate chip buckwheat pancakes with no added sugar. My favorite kind of breakfast because it feels like you are eating soft and fluffy chocolate chip cookies. These mini chocolate chip buckwheat flour pancakes are super easy to make, and you can whip them up for under 15 minutes!
In this mini chocolate chip buckwheat pancakes recipe, I used a buckwheat pancake mix with a combination of buckwheat and whole grain wheat flour. Buckwheat flour is naturally gluten-free, so if you are looking for a gluten-free option, you can source buckwheat only flour. I love this pancake mix because it's a mixture, so you are getting the benefits of both buckwheat and whole-grain wheat. And unlike 100% buckwheat, which will be a bit drier and nuttier, this mixture will make fluffy and moist with a delicate nutty flavor.
Mini Chocolate Chip Buckwheat Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Serving Size: 2 People
1. In a mixing bowl, whip the egg. Then add the pancake mix, avocado oil, and liquid of your choice. Whisk until batter is thick and smooth.
2. Fold in the chocolate chips to your liking.
3. Heat your pan or skillet with a drizzle of avocado oil over medium heat.
4. After your pan is heating up, use a spoon, scoop a spoonful batter, and pour it in the pan. Your pancake will be about 3-5 inches in diameter depends on your batter amount. Let it cook for about 4-5 minutes or until its turning brown, then flip over and cook the other side.
how to make buckwheat pancakes taste better:
This recipe contains no added sugar, so you probably wonder if this would taste good. Here are my methods of how to make buckwheat pancakes taste better:
- These sugar-free chocolate chips really make a difference. It adds great texture and taste.
- Add fresh fruit for sweetness. My favorite fruit that adds great sweetness is bananas, berries, figs, and dried fruits.
- If you want to add even more sweetness, drizzle it with honey, maple syrup, or agave.
- Add fun textures. Some of my favorite items to add to my pancakes include granola, bee pollens, and crushed nuts. These items add fun textures to your pancake bites, and they are healthy for you.
- Mini pancakes can give a better crunch than your average pancakes—crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. If you make them smaller enough, you can even use them as cereals.
why are buckwheat pancakes good for you?
Buckwheat is an ancient grain that offers a good source of protein, fiber, and healthful complex carbohydrates. Buckwheat also contains vitamins, including thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin K, and vitamin B-6.
Unlike your traditional pancakes, which are pack with sugar, butter, and white flour, this buckwheat pancakes recipe is pack with buckwheat flour and healthy avocado oil. It is packed with nutrients so you can feel good about eating it.
Benefits of buckwheat flour
Promotes heart health
Buckwheat is a good source of fiber, and fiber helps improve blood cholesterol, which will reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and obesity.
Great For Digestion
Buckwheat is rich in fiber and contains a significant amount of niacin. While fiber supports the intestines in digesting food, niacin is essential for converting carbohydrates, fat, and proteins into energy.
Aids Weight Management
Buckwheat is high in protein, and high protein food is essential for weight management because they keep you full and satisfied with fewer calories.
Buckwheat is a source of complex carbohydrates, which can help manage blood glucose levels.
How to store left over mini chocolate chips buckwheat pancakes?
If you are unable to finish your buckwheat pancakes, you can either put it in the fridge for 2-3 days or put it in the freezer for up to 3 months. If you have leftover batters, you can either fridge or freeze the remaining batter.
Tip: To make sure the pancakes don't stick together, place a piece of wax paper or parchment paper in between before placing it in the freezer bag.
To reheat, you can either stick it into the microwave, oven, toaster, or stove.
Gluten Free Option
If you need gluten free option, you can get gluten free buckwheat pancake mix.