Farm fresh produce delivery services have become more and more in demand in California. It is becoming an increasingly popular way to buy produce directly from local farms and the convenience that comes with it. Today I’m going to share with you about my experience with Farm Fresh To You. Hopefully, after reading my Farm Fresh To You review, it can help you decide if this delivery service is right for you.
What Is Farm Fresh To You?
Farm Fresh to You is a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) based in California. It is a family-run, USDA certified organic farm based in Northern California. The second generation now runs the farm, and they continue to carries their parent’s vision of growing well and taste great. By subscribing to their service, you will stay up to date to what is happening at the farm and fantastic resources like recipes, how to store your produce to last longer, etc.
Besides fruit and veggies, Farm Fresh To You also offers other grocery needs like grains, meat, baked goods, farm products, and even fresh flowers from other brands and farms.
How Much Does Farm Fresh To You Cost?
Farm Fresh To You does not have membership fees. As long as you meet their minimum order quantity of $35 produce each time, you are all set to get your box. There is no delivery fee, and you can cancel your subscription at any time.
How Does Farm Fresh To You Works?
- To start, you will want to go to their website and enter your zip code to see if they deliver to your area. If they do deliver to your area, it will say which day of the week they deliver to your location.
- Pick your box. They have six box options for you to choose from: Mixed fruit and veggie, no cooking, fruits only, veggies only, traditional CSA, or snack pack.
- Start shopping. Farm Fresh To You will pre-select a variety of fruits and vegetables in the cart to meet the minimum order quantity. But don't worry, you can add or take out the items you don't want. You are all set as long as your produce chart meets minimum order. Besides produce, Farm Fresh To You also has a great selection of artisan farm products add ons.
- Once you complete customizing your order, all you have to do is hit save. If you don't hit save and existed, you will lose everything you added to your chart.
- You will have a window period as to when you can edit your cart before your delivery. You will also know when you can start customizing your next box.
Farm Fresh To You Review
- All fruits and veggies are certified organic. This usually is an make it or break it for me. I genuinely believe organic is better for you, better for the farmer, and better for the environment. When farmers go through with the certification process can claim it is certified organic. This means they actually took their time to go through the lengthy process of getting approved and met the standard. Many farmers call themselves “organic,” but aren’t certified, and you have to take their word for it. There are many farmers out there that call themselves “organic” when they are not just because they can charge a few extra cents from you.
- It truly is farm fresh to you just like it's name. Often times, there is still dirt on some of my produce when it is delivered.
- Offers beyond just fruits and vegetable. For me, I like to utilize this type of subscription to limit the number of trips to the grocery. This means I need more than produce. Unlike other services that only deliver fruits and vegetables, Farm Fresh To You offers other products that you need daily, like eggs, yogurt, bread, meat, juice, etc.
- Alot of ice pack. If you buy any items that are perishable, Farm Fresh To You will pack it with a reusable ice pack. This way, if you were not home when the delivery happened, you don’t have to worry about anything going bad.
- User-friendly website. Signing up to the service and picking out your weekly groceries is super easy.
- No delivery fee. Even though there is no delivery fee, there is a minimum order amount per order.
- You get to choose a delivery frequency and which week you wish to get your delivery.
- A lot of plastic usages. Farm Fresh To You uses a lot of plastics. I find that they typically separate the fruits, veggies, and misc and bag them separately. Not mentioning if you were to order strawberry, blueberry, or apricot, they come in containers or another plastic bag.
- There is a minimum. It depends on what package you select, every delivery as a minimum.
- No delivery status update. Unlike some other services that will update where your delivery is or when it’s delivered to your door, you don’t get a text notification from Farm Fresh To You. However, delivery usually happens between 8 pm (the night before your delivery date) – 8 am (your delivery date). You most likely will wake up to a box waiting for you at your door. The con for me is you could be going to bed, not knowing your box is already at your door when you could be putting things away rather than going to bed.
- Price can be higher than the grocery store. Since all the products are grown in California, I do find that some of the item prices are more expensive than grocery stores. In some cases, locally grown is not always the cheapest.
What Do I Do If You Have Issues with Your Box
Mistakes and accidents happen. Very rarely do I experience missing items, wrong items, or have quality issues. If you experience something, you can report it right in your account without having to deal with the awkwardness of calling their customer service or waiting for them to email you back.
Farm Fresh To You Review Summary
Overall I enjoy using Farm Fresh To You because it is super convenient, and it carries all my essentials from organic produce to baked goods to beauty products. With Farm Fresh To You, I can really cut down on the number of trips I need to make to the grocery store because they carry all the basics I need. In addition, all the products are farm fresh and organic. If you are looking for healthy, farm-fresh produce, and convenience then gives Farm Fresh To You a try! If you are unsure if Farm Fresh To You is right for you, take advantage of this link and get $15 off your first order (and enter code MENG1587). If you don't like it, you can cancel the subscription at any time.