Cheese… yumm… Did you know..
- Cheddar and golden Hued cheese are sometimes orange because its dyed that way with annatto.
- There are over 2000 variety of cheese.
- In the United States, the month of June is National Dairy Month and the last week of June is National Cheese Week.
- The heaviest cheese weighted 57,518 pounds.
- US regulates the holes in domestically produced Swiss cheese.
- Casu Marzu is made with maggots in it and it’s intentional
- People who love cheese are called turophiles
- The rarest cheese comes from moose
- The most expensive cheese cost $600 per pound. Its called Pule, a Balkan doney milk variety from Serbia.
- Mozzarella cheese is the biggest selling cheese in the U.S, followed by cheddar.