Chocolate covered frozen banana is your summer's best friend! It keeps you cool, keeps your beach body in shape while tasting so delicious that you can't stop eating it. You can have it all with this chocolate-covered frozen banana.
Summer treats doesn't have to be fattening or make us feel guilty while eating them. And it certainly doesn't need to be loaded with added sugar. Most ice cream and popsicle is pack with ingredients like heavy cream, condensed milk, milk powder, flavoring, and added sugar. Yikes! Not mentioning, if you are eating dairy ice cream, the milk in the ice cream you are eating could contain added growth hormones and antibiotics. If you are eating dairy ice cream, be sure to go with an organic certified and non-GMO verified option. If the ice cream is organic certified, this means all the ingredients they used meets USDA organic guidelines. And this also means the milk they use does not contain antibiotics and added hormones.
For healthy foodies like myself, we often pick up fruit popsicle as our alternative ice cream options. However, if you are not careful, some of these fruit popsicles is loaded with added sugar! We proceed with this option as “healthy” choice because they contain “real fruit” and the calories are much lower than ice cream. However, they are not actually all “healthy” for your body. Next time you pick up a fruit popsicle, be sure to read the ingredient list and learn what you are really eating.
If you find yourself with a busy schedule or always forget to read the ingredient list, you should make this chocolate-covered frozen banana. It is super easy to make, you will know exactly what you are eating, and it will keep you satisfied. This chocolate-covered frozen banana loaded with fiber, good fat, and protein! Guilt-free and while keeping you cool all summer long knowing there is no dairy, added sugar, flavoring, nor heavy cream in my treat.
Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 5 Minutes
Serving Size 4
Nut butter of your choice
chocolate of your choice
2 Whole organic banana
- Slice the banana into about 1-2 inches thick. The thicker, the easier it is to use later on.
- Microwaves your chocolate in a small bowl (about 2-3 minutes) or use a melting pot.
- Use a fork and pick up your banana with your fork.
- Holding the fork and smear your nut butter on the top surface of the sliced banana
- Then use another knife and smear chocolate on each side of the banana (the inside of the banana)
- Once it’s done, remove the banana from the fork and place it on a plate.
- Fill the plate and then place it in the freezer for about an hour or longer. Once it’s fully frozen, it is ready to be served!
My Favorite Nut Butter
My Favorite Chocolate