Say hello to your new favorite meal, air fried chicken taco. Super easy to make and dangerously delicious. Taste a little sweet, a little salty, a little spicy, with a little bit of acidity. A burst of flavor with a unique texture. Crispy, juicy, and tender chicken, mixed with crisp vegetables, wrapped in a soft tortilla.
Before you go ahead and see the recipe, there is a little trick to make your chicken juicy and tender at the bottom of the post! You don't want to miss this trick!
Air Fried Chicken Taco
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 2
Air fried chicken (See below for recipe)
Tortilla ( I used blue corn tortilla)
Pickled radish (I made my own but any pickle will do)
Air Fried Chicken
2 Chicken Breast (Sliced or cubed)
1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Himalayan salt
1/2 Teaspoon paprika or black pepper
1 Tablespoon water
2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar/ pickle juice
How To Make Air fried chicken
1. See below how to pick your chicken for your air fried chicken taco. You will need to do some pre work before making your fried chicken.
2. In a bowl, beat the egg with water, salt and spices.
3. In a separate bowl, place flour.
4. Dip the marinated chicken in flour, then in egg, and then back in the flour. Shake off any extra flour and then place it in your air fryer.
5. Cook your chicken at 400F for about 15 minutes. You should check on it and flip it halfway.
Air Fried Chicken Taco
1. Warm up your tortilla in the oven while your chicken is being cooked. I warm up my tortilla in the oven on the lowest setting for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, chopped up or shred the lettuce to your liking.
2. Once your tortilla is warmed up, place the lettuce and pickles in the middle of the tortilla. And then place your chicken on top and drizzle it with some honey mustard.
And that is how I made my delicious air fried chicken taco! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Learn more about air fryer. Is it good for you? Is it a healthier way of cooking?
How To Pick Your Chicken For your air fried chicken taco
For this recipe, I used chicken breast because chicken breast is a great source of lean protein.
When picking chicken breast, I always go for organic certified and pasture-raised chicken breast. This means happy chicken feeding on a certified organic diet. Happy chicken means better quality meat and better taste. I know you are probably wondering, what about organic cage-free or free-range chicken.
Now, there is a difference between cage-free, pasture-raised, and free-range chicken. Cage-free just means the chicken is not being caged, but the bird can still be cram in a barn. Free-range means the bird has access to as little as 2 square feet of outdoor area per bird, but this doesn’t mean that the birds ever see the outdoors. Pasture-raised means the bird is raised in a way that’s consistent with how chickens would naturally live: on the pasture, with the ability to roam freely, scratch, and peck.
how to make juicy, super tender, and wonderfully delicious chicken breasts in the Air Fryer
I have finally cracked the code to make moist and tender air fried chicken. Say goodbye to crispy dry chicken!
To make the chicken tender, you just need some pickle juice! Marinate it for at least 30 minutes and can even marinate overnight. I love using this method because the pickle juice already contains salt and seasoning, so you don't have to worry about the chicken being flavorless.
If you don't have pickles at home, you can make a mixture with vinegar, salt and water. You can do it for about 30 minutes and then rube it with spice and let it sit for another 30 minutes.