Delicious flourless chocolate cake that you just can't stop eating. But the good news is you can indulge as much as you want (in my bias option) because this flourless chocolate cake is low in sugar, it is flourless, and it is high in protein (so it keeps you full). It is rich, it is chocolatey, and it is moist. It sounds perfect isn't it?!
This cake only takes a few minutes to put together and it will filled your house with chocolatey aroma. You don't need any fancy equipments. All you need is a blender or a hand held immersion blender.
So let's see how you can make this delicious flourless chocolate cake.
flourless chocolate cake
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Serving Size: 12
2 Cups of cooked chickpeas or 1 can of 15oz chickpeas
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar (can add more if you are looking on the sweeter side)
2 Tablespoon cacao powder
1/4 Cup Dark chocolate chips (Personal preference)
A pinch of himalayan salt
3 Tablespoon avocado oil + more for greasing the pan
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (Optional)
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne or paprika pepper (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Put the chickpeas in a blender or use a immersion blender and blend it for about 30 second. You want to make sure the beans gets chopped down as much as possible but you don't want to heat up the beans.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips into the blender.
4. Blend it again for no more than 30 seconds (you don't want to heat it up). But you also want to make sure all the ingredients are mixed well together. At this point, it should look like chocolate paste.
5. Grease the baking pan. You can use either bake it in a 8x8 pan, a bread pan, or cup cake pan.
6. Pour the batter into your baking pan and then top it with chocolate chips. You can either fold the chocolate chips into the batter or leave it at the top.
7. Bake it for 40-45 minutes.
Tips: If you want a sweeter cake, you can add 1+ cup of coconut sugar and/or add 1/2 cups of chocolate chips instead. This will be based on personal preference.
If you would like a richer chocolatey cake, you can add additional cacao powder.
To avoid any bean texture or taste, you have to make sure the ingredients are well blended in the blender.
I added a hint of a cayenne pepper in my recipe just to balance out the sweetness of the chocolate. You can't taste the heat level with the amount I put. If you are looking for some heat, you will need to add more. If you can't handle any heat, don't worry, you can actually taste it.
Shop My Favorites
Yield: 12 Slices
Amount per serving: Calories: 111 calories. Total Fat: 3.6g, Saturated Fat: 1.3g. Cholesterol: 41mg. Sodium: 26mg. Total Carbohydrate: 17.8g. Dietary fiber: 3.2g. Total Sugar: 9.2g. Protein: 4.7.
**The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.**
This flourless chocolate cake is moist and fluffy. If you don't tell others, they can't even tell it is flourless and it is made from chickpeas!
You can eat it as a sweet treat, or for breakfast. I love eating it for breakfast because it is not too sweet but it is sweet enough to keep me satisfied. And it is packed with proteins so that means it will keep me full until lunch.
Few ways to enjoy this cake: eat it as is, add fruits like berries, drizzle it with your favorite nut butter, honey, or add a scoop of ice cream!
Find more delicious dessert recipes from me.