What do you when you have a ripe banana? Make mini buckwheat banana pancakes! While everyone loves a loaf of good banana bread, banana pancakes are super easy to make, and it is just as delicious. You only need five ingredients, and you will have a mini buckwheat banana pancake in minutes.
For this pancakes recipe, I used a buckwheat pancake mix that is a combination of buckwheat and whole grain wheat flour. Buckwheat flour is naturally gluten-free. If you are looking for a gluten-free option, you can get gluten-free buckwheat pancake mix. I love this pancake mix because it's a mixture of flour. So you are getting the benefits of both buckwheat and whole-grain wheat. Unlike 100% buckwheat, which tastes a bit drier and nuttier, this mixture pancake mix will make fluffy and moist with delicate nutty flavor pancakes.
mini buckwheat banana pancakes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Serving Size: 2
1 Cup Almond Milk
3/4 Cup Buck Wheat Pancake Mix
1 Banana (Sliced)
1 Teaspoon Avocado Oil + Oil For Cooking
1. Mix all ingredients together in a medium-size mixing bowl. Except for the sliced banana. Make sure the batter is mixed well with no clumps.
2. In a pan, spray some cooking oil and turn to medium heat.
3. After a minute or two, pour a spoonful of batter into the pan. Then place a slice of banana and place it in the center of the batter. Once you start to see little holes on top of your batter, flip it over and cook the other side for about a minute or two.
- To add extra sweetness to your pancake, mash an extra banana and add it to your batter.
- For extra flavors, a little cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice to the mixture.
- This mini buckwheat banana pancakes contain no added sugar, and I love to sweeten it with either maple syrup, honey, chocolate nut butter, or date syrup.
- If you are looking for a crunchy texture, add a drizzle of more oil, and let it cook for an extra minute.
How To Store Left Over Mini Buckwheat Banana Pancakes?
If you cannot finish your pancakes, you can either put them in the fridge for 2-3 days or put it in the freezer for up to 3 months. For the batter, you can either put it in the refrigerator or the freezer.
Gluten Free Option
If you need gluten free option, you can get gluten free buckwheat pancake mix.