Cucumber salad is a classic summer staple dish. It is light, it is refreshing, and it's the perfect dish to have for picnics, pot luck, or summer grilling. In my household, a fun and delicious snake cucumber salad is a must-have dish for the summer. It is also my favorite summer cucumber salad because it is easy to make, and for this recipe, you only need five ingredients. This cucumber salad is also the perfect entertainment for your family and friends, especially your kids! It is usually the talk of the party. I mean, who doesn't want a little fun surprise at the summer grill table.
I know the dish name sounds kind of scary... snake?! Yikes... But the good news is that there is no real snake involved in making this salad. This salad is vegan and gluten-free friendly. And if the snake shape is too spooky for you, feel free to just make a fun spiral cucumber salad!
Now, let's talk about this salad. It is refreshing, crisp, and with a little heat. The sauce is light, yet it has a distinct sour flavor with a hint of sweetness, enhanced by the strong aroma of red chili pepper and pungent garlic.
Snake cucumber salad (Vegan, gluten free)
Prep Time 10 Minutes
2 Organic European cucumber (Recommend long and straight)
3-5 Cloves of Garlic
1 Fresh Organic fresh red pepper
1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar/ Black Vinegar
4 Organic goji berry (for the eyes)
1 Tablespoon Water
1 Teaspoon Himalayan salt
*2 Teaspoon Sugar ( I Recommend cane sugar or coconut sugar) Only if you use Black vinegar
2. Place the spiral cut cucumbers into a bowl or a deep dinnerware.
3. Sprinkle some salt on top of the cucumber (a small pinch and try to sprinkle it evenly).
4. In a small bowl, mixed balsamic vinegar with water. If you use black vinegar, add about 2 teaspoon of sugar (based on personal preference ). Add 1-2 fresh red pepper and minced garlic.
5. Pour the vinegar on top of the cucumber. If half of the snake is not in the vinegar, pour some extra vinegar until the snake is covered halfway.
6. Place the goji berry as the eyes.
How To Cut Spiral Cucumber
1. Cut off the ends of the cucumber (optional). To make the snake shape, leave the both ends attached to make face and tail.
2. Place the cucumber in between two chopsticks.
3. Take knife and cut to the cucumber to the chopsticks.
4. Turn the cucumber over and slant cut the cucumber to the chopsticks.
5. Remove the chopsticks and place your spiral cucumber into a bowl or deep dinnerware.
Yield: 2 Snakes Serving size: 1
Amount per serving: Calories: 216 calories. Total Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat 0.2g. Cholesterol: 0mg. Sodium: 410mg. Total Carbohydrate: . Dietary fiber: 4.6g. Total Sugar: 34g. Protein: 5.4g.
**The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.**