During a busy morning, it is easy to let breakfast fall on low of your priority list but taking just a few minutes to have something to eat can really make a difference in your day. Today I'm going to share with you my ultimate rainbow breakfast sandwich recipe.
Breakfast provides many benefits to our health and wellbeing. Apart from providing us with energy, breakfast foods are a good source of important nutrients, protein, and fiber.
- Breakfast should be eaten within two hours of waking
- A healthy breakfast should provide the range of 20-35% of guideline daily allowance
Benefits of Eating Breakfast:
- Kick-starts your metabolism help you burn calories throughout the day.
- Better memory and concentration
- Lower levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol
- Lower chances of getting diabetes
- Lower chances of getting heart disease
This weekend, I made my ultimate rainbow breakfast sandwich. Colorful, tasty and nutritious. For you bacon lovers out there, this breakfast sandwich contains bacon! If you don't like bacon or don't eat bacon, you can substitute with alternatives like turkey bacon or soy bacon.
If you are a traditional breakfast burrito or sandwich kind of person, this recipe is the perfect way for you to sneak in more nutrient into your diet!
If you are not familiar with avocado, adding avocado to your morning diet is a great way to start your day! Avocado is a unique and nutritious fruit that consists primarily of carbohydrates and high in healthy fats. Numerous studies have shown that avocado contains powerful beneficial effects on health. Avocado is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, fiber can lower cholesterol and triglyceride level, loaded with powerful antioxidant, prevent cancer, help relieves arthritis, weight loss support and much more!
Micro greens may not sound very tasty and it may not be on your favorite vegetable list. However, micro greens are packed with vital nutrients including vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin E, lutein, and beta-carotene. Adding some microgreens in your sandwich will add some texture and nutrients!
Ultimate Rainbow Breakfast Sandwich
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 15 Minutes
Serving Size 2 People
4 slices Wholegrain bread
1 whole Avocado Organic
1 whole tomato Organic
2 Whole Eggs Organic
Micro greens Organic
- On the stove or oven, toast the bread with cheese until cheese melts.
- Slice the tomato and place it on top of the baked bread.
- Slice the avocado and place it on top of the tomato.
- Cook the egg based on your own preference: fried, scrambled or poached. Place it on top of the tomato.
- Cook the bacon and place the cooked bacon on top of the egg.
- Place the micro greens on top of the bacon.
- And then finally, place your other piece of bread on top!