Here is everything you need to know about Thrive Market and my Thrive Market review based on my personal experience.
What is Thrive Market?
Thrive Market is an online grocery store that offers affordable, high-quality natural and organic foods and products at wholesale prices. You can save 25-50% off from retails on your favorite organic, non-GMO, and sustainable products. But to shop on Thrive Market, you are required to obtain a membership. So the idea is like a cross between Costco and Whole Foods. And just like your Costco membership, and it is membership-based. If you do not have a membership, you will not purchase foods and products from Thrive Market.
Thrive Market is very similar to Amazon Prime and Whole Foods, but Amazon does not own it.
How Much Does Thrive Market Membership Cost?
You have two options when it comes to purchasing Thrive Market membership: Annual or monthly.
Annual membership costs $59.95, and that comes out to be about $5 per month.
Monthly membership costs you $9.95. So if you plan on using the service for less than six months, this membership will be worth checking out.
However, if you are unsure if Thrive Market is right for you, you can try the service with the current offer of a free 30-day trial at risk-FREE trial membership. If you are unsatisfied and decided to cancel within 30 days of signing up, they will fully refund you the annual membership fee.
They are currently offering a FREE gift up to $24 value with your first order if you sign up now.
How Does Thrive Market Work?
Once you signed up, shopping at Thrive Market is pretty easy and straight-forward. The site is easy to navigate and very user friendly.
Once you signed up, shopping on Thrive Market is pretty easy and straight-forward. The site is easy to navigate and very user friendly.
1. Search for the item you are looking to buy. You can shop by category, by food restrictions (vegan, gluten-free, keto, paleo, etc.), or search it in the search bar.
2. Add them to the cart.
3. When you are ready, you can go to the check out screen and follow the steps. Then all you have to do is to wait for the items to get delivered to your home.
What Products Does Thrive Market Carry
Thrive Market is like an online grocery store that carries your pantry staples. They have similar and same brand products as Whole Foods and other natural grocers. They carry most things except they don't carry any fresh produce. Some of the categories Thrive Market offer includes:
- Food (Baking, Shelf-stable Canned Goods, Cereals, Snack Bars, Condiments/Sauce, Beverage, Candy/ Chocolate, Grains, Pasta, Snacks, Spread, pantry staples and Much More)
- Home (Cleaning, Laundry, Kitchenware, And More)
- Bath And Body
- Babies And Kids
- Beauty (Makeup, Skin Care, Grooming, And More)
- Vitamins And Supplement
- Meat And Seafood
- Wine (Red, White, And Rose)
- Meals (Build Your Own Bowl Meals Bundle From Primal Kitchen)
Thrive Markets Meat And Seafood
Thrive Market offers beef, pork, chicken, and seafood. Thrive Market believes in regenerative farming, rotational grazing, sustainable fishing, and animals' ethical treatment and has searched the globe for partners who share the philosophies.
The animals are pasture-raised, free-range, and grass-fed. And the seafood is wild-caught or sustainably farm-raised without antibiotics. Go to Thrive Market's website for full details of their standards.
When you purchase your protein from Thrive Market, they come to ship frozen. They will ship from the warehouse nearest to you and ship in an insulated box packed with dry ice.
Thrive Markets Wine
Thrive Market offers red, white, and rose. You can get a half case each or build your own bundle. What makes them different is they are part of Thrive Market's clean wine program. This means they have to meet the standards, which are listed on their website.
Thrive Market Reviews
- All Products are well packaged. When it comes to shipping fragile products like chips or glass products, it can be nerve-racking when you don't know how they would package it. The last thing you want is to have broken glass, spillage in your box, or crushed items. The good news is that Thrive Market wrap everything very thoroughly. I never had any bad experience with broken or crushed items arrives.
- Fast Shipping. Order typically arrive within 3-5 days. However, due to COVID, the orders have been shipping slightly slower but still reasonable shipping times.
- Free Shipping. You can get free shipping when you purchase more than $45.
- Cheaper than other retail prices. For the same brand and same product, the product at Thrive Market is cheaper. Some of the products selling on Thrive Market are even cheaper than Whole Foods price and even Walmart's pricing.
- Variety of brands. Thrive carries a wide variety of brands that you may see at the big chain like Justins, Hippes, Seventh Generation, Better Life, etc. But, at the same time, they also carry many smaller brands and their own brand.
- Great for people with Dietary Restriction. If you have dietary restrictions (vegan, gluten-free, keto, etc.), then Thrive Market is the perfect store for you because they have already sorted out what item suits your diet. This way, you don't have to spend time doing the research yourself.
- Convenient Grocery Shopping Platform. Shopping at Thrive Market is super easy and convenient. All you have to do is pick what you want, purchase it, and it will deliver right to your door. This option is very convenient for people who don't have a local health food store near them. It is also great for people or family with a busy schedule.
- Healthy Foods. Thrive Market offers many of your average American pantry items with healthier alternatives. Like Whole Foods, they offer many healthier options, and you can even be sorted by dietary restriction.
- Save Even More With Auto Ship. You can sign up for auto-ship and save an extra 5-10% off—for example, auto-ship your pet food, your favorite snacks, or cleaning supplies.
- In Stock Reminder. When an item is out of stock, you can sign up for their reminder list. When the item is back in stock, they will send you an email so you can add the item to your chart and place your order.
- Transparent With Meat And Seafood sourcing. If you are purchasing protein from Thrive Market, they are fully transparent about the meat source and details.
- High-quality meat and seafood. When you are looking for high-quality protein, it can get a little overwhelming with all the fancy marketing terms like free-range or sustainable. For example, when you think of free-range chicken, you picture chicken foraging outside and roaming around. But in reality, the free-range just means the bird has access to the outdoor for at least six hours a day and has at least 2 square feet of outdoor space but doesn't necessarily have any living vegetation. Instead of researching yourself to understand if you are truly getting what you think you are getting, let companies like Thrive Market, Butchers Box, or other services do the research for you.
- Customize Your Own Meat And Seafood Box. Instead of focusing on just chicken or just beef, you can build your own box to your liking.
- Recycle packaging. All Thrive Market packaging, including the packaging used for shipping meat & seafood box, are packaged with recycled materials.
- Free Thrive Membership . For every paid membership, Thrive Market donates one free membership. Thrive Market does provide free membership for a low-income family, student, teacher, veteran, and active member of the military or first responder. To get free membership, you will have to fill out an application.
- You can donate your savings. Members can donate a portion of their savings at check out, and the donation will go towards Thrive Gives members, disaster relief efforts, and their partner nonprofits organizations.
- Excellent Customer Service: Things can happen. Whether the wrong product arrived, or the product got broken during shipping, you can contact them, and they will credit you.
- They have a savings guarantee policy. If you don't save the equivalent of your annual membership at the end of the year, they will credit your account with the difference.
- You can even get meals. If you have a busy schedule, you can even order meals from Thrive. This is an excellent option for people who wants to bring healthy lunch to work or have a busy schedule.
- Tracking. Every order can be tracked by going to your account and finding the order you want to track, so you know when to expect your package to arrive.
- Product reviews: Every item being sold on Thrive Market has reviews available that are written by members who have previously purchased the product. If you are unsure about trying any new products, read what others have to say. I find these Thrive Market reviews to be very helpful.
- Some products can be more expensive. If the same item is on sale or has a deal at the grocery store, the price could cheaper than Thrive Market. If you shop at discount stores like Food 4 Less or Grocery Outlet, the price is less than Thrive Market. Some things are also just cheaper to purchase at Walmart or Costco than Thrive Market. But overall, Thrive Market is less expensive than your average grocery store. If you want to get the best price and has some extra time to spare, make some price comparison before placing your order.
- Some products require you to buy in multiples. Certain products will require you to buy 2 or 3 at a time. For example, can goods usually require you to purchase in sets of two.
- Unable to deliver anything chocolate during summer. If you are looking to buy chocolate during the summer months, Thrive Market cannot ship them to you due to the weather.
- The item could go out of stock. Sometimes your favorite items could go out of stock, and you will have to wait. If the item is out of stock, you can set a reminder to email you when it is back in stock.
- Free Shipping Over $45 orders. If you don't meet the minimum requirement of $45, you will have to pay for shipping costs. If that is the case, you may not save anything on the items.
How To Save Even More At Thrive Market
- Member Only Gift: Thrive Market often offer members free gift perk when you spend over $49. The free gift can be a single item or a bundle. And it varies everything time.
- Take advantage of their sales: Thrive Market have holiday sales like Black Friday sale (yes! They have black Friday sale). Some of their sales will be very specific, and it can happen at any time. For example, they can have sales on all Keto products only or sales on all chocolate.
- Auto Ships: Auto ships allow you to save an extra 5-10%. So if you auto ships your pet supplies, your favorite almond butter, or your favorites, you can save even more with Thrive Market.
- Extra Savings Deals: Before diving into your shopping, I recommend that you check out their Extra Savings page first to see anything you want. You can find Extra Savings right on the home page under "Deals."
- Earn Thrive Cash Back. Under "Deals," you can also find earn thrive cashback opportunities. Once you earn the cashback, you can apply them on the next order or any orders.
- Refer a friend and earn $25. You can gain instant Thrive Cash when you invite a friend. You make $25, and they get 25% off their first order.
- Shop Store Brand: Some items are available for purchase under Thrive Market brand name. They are cheaper than other name brands items in the same category. Thrive Market brand item is much like Whole Food's 365 Everyday Value label.
Take peanut butter as an example, Thrive Market store brand peanut butter is cheaper (per oz) than another brand.
They are currently offering a FREE gift up to $24 value with your first order if you sign up now.
What happens if something went wrong with your order?
Plenty can go wrong when ordering food online. Mistakes and accidents can happen, although very, very rare in my experience. Whether the wrong product arrived, the product got broken during shipping, the product went bad, or something is missing, you can contact customer service. Explain to them what went wrong and take a picture if you can (although not required, I like to provide them with evidence). You can hear back from a representative fairly quickly, and they will offer you store credit.
Is Thrive Market Worth It?
You probably wonder if you really save money with Thrive Market and if Thrive Market worth it. The short answer is yes, you can save money on your grocery, and it is totally worth it if you use it.
Regardless of where you shop, you should always make some price comparison if you are looking to save. You don't have to make price comparisons on each order and every item, but once in a while, you should do some competitive pricing research to grocery stores and see if you are getting the best deal, especially on expensive items like ghee butter or avocado oil. For example, I like to compare a few times a year to see if I am truly getting the best deal. In general, Thrive Market prices are lower, and you can save money on your grocery. Plus, there are many ways you can save even more at Thrive. If you love to save, you will love Thrive Market, and it is worth it.
Based on Thrive Market annual saving calculator, I save over $1,000 per year. That is a lot of savings! I don't know about you, but to me, that factor alone makes using Thrive Market totally worth it.
Price Comparison To Whole Foods
As someone who loves to shop at Whole Foods, their prices are generally too high. From my research, in general, unless you can get the item on sale at Whole Foods or it has a deal, it is cheaper to purchase the item at Thrive Market.
Price Comparison To Walmart
You can only buy certain healthy products from Walmart in-store, but more option is available on Walmart.com (some items are sold through the third party. This means, you purchase it through Walmart, but another company ships it). Depending on the item, some are more or slightly less than Thrive Market. You should make a price comparison before purchasing if you shop at Walmart regularly. However, keep in mind Walmart has limited healthy brands and products available, so you may not find your favorites at the store.
Price Comparison Examples:
*This item is sold on Walmart.com through third party.
Regardless of where you shop, making some price comparisons between stores is necessary. If you are looking to cut down your grocery bill while shopping for good for you products, price comparison is essential. Overall, Thrive Market will save you money, and it is convenient.
Is Thrive Market Right For You?
Generally speaking, Thrive Market is great for individuals who are:
- Looking to save on their grocery bill while still purchasing good for you products.
- Busy bees who are looking for convenience.
- Have a hard time finding foods required by a specific diet
- Don’t live near a health foods store or specialty store.
Will I Continue shopping at Thrive Market
As some one who lives in a city setting and loves to shop at Whole Foods, I love this membership only online grocery store. I can get all my healthy food and products shipped right to my house at a cheaper price.
Even though I do have Trader Joes and Whole Foods right around the corner, I still use Thrive Market because it helps me save and it is super convenient. Unless I need something immediately, otherwise, I do make around 2 orders per month with Thrive Market.