Creamy avocado crab dip is great guacamole alternatives and perfect for those with avocado obsessions. It is super easy to make, and it is AVOiously delicious. Serve it with your favorite crackers for an appetizer that everyone loves!
The key to make this avocado crab dip perfect is:
You will need about three perfect ripen organic avocados.
If your avocado is not ready, don't panic. There are a few ways to ripen your avocado. The method will depend on how fast you need the avocado.
1. You can ripen your avocado with the baking method. Wrap your avocado in foil and bake it in the oven at 200F for about 10 minutes. If it's not successful the first time, add an additional 10 minutes. Repeat until it ripen.
2. You can ripen your avocado with a microwave. Prick the skin of the avocado with a fork to vent the heat. Place the avocado in the microwave and heat on a low setting for 30 seconds. Remove the avocado from the microwave and test firmness with your finger. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until the avocado is reasonably soft.
3. You can ripen your avocado with a brown paper bag. Place your avocado in a brown paper bag with a couple of other fruit. Seal the brown paper bag and make sure there are no gaps or holes. Leave it untouched, check on it daily for ripeness.
When it comes to crab, I personally recommend the fresh crab, and you can get it from your local grocery store. Fresh crab gives the recipe a better taste and texture. However, you can make this recipe with canned crab.
Avocado Crab Dip
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 10 Minutes
Serving Size 4
3 Whole organic avocado
1 Cups of fresh Snow crabmeat
1 Whole lemon
1 Teaspoon salt
If you are using can crabmeat, you may not need to add additional salt
cayenne pepper Optional
Green onion Optional
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado until smooth and then add spice.
- Mix in the crab meat and a pinch of salt for taste.
- Squeeze the lemon into the dip to prevent oxidation.
- Be sure to mix well!