Tasty, and healthy shrimp scampi black bean pasta recipe that is simple to make! Traditional shrimp scampi involved a whole lot of butter and a ton of pasta that makes you feel super guilty after eating it. Today I'm going to show you how you can make a healthier version of shrimp scampi. You will feel good about eating it while fueling your body!
To start off, you should know I love shrimp scampi! Who wouldn't like food that is smothered by garlic and butter... and not mentioning there is pasta involved. In this healthier version, I made some compromise on some of the ingredients like butter and pasta. Pasta is typically the bulk of the guilt for me because it is loaded with carbohydrate, low nutritional values, and high in calories. There are many healthier alternative options out on the market today, like zoodles, chickpea pasta, beet pasta, and different types of beans pasta. However, these healthier alternative does come with a price tag if you don't mind spending a few extra bucks. Often these healthier alternatives are gluten-free and packed with protein and fibers.
The benefits of black bean pasta:
- Great for weight loss because it is high in protein and fiber.
- Black bean pasta is gluten-free.
- Great for diabetics because black beans have a low sugar content which means glucose levels do not spike when consumed.
- Lower carbohydrate and calories compared to traditional pasta.
Butter for avocado oil: Avocados oil contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, delivering vitamin E and an awesome cancer-fighting antioxidant called beta-sitosterol. It’s also been shown that avocado oil can help you absorb the carotenoids in orange, yellow, and red fruits and veggies by up to 15 times!
Traditional linguini for black Bean linguini: Besides it is high in fiber and protein, it provides way more vitamins and minerals than traditional pasta.
Shrimp Scampi With Black Bean Pasta Recipe
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 10 Minutes
Serving Size 2 People
1/2 lb Shrimp (Wild caught, large)
1 Teaspoon Himalayan Salt
1 Teaspoon Parsley (Organic and dried)
1 Teaspoon Black pepper
1/2 Whole garlic Fresh. Sliced
3 Tablespoon Avocado Oil Cold pressed
3 Oz Black Bean Pasta
1/4 Cup Green peas Frozen
1/4 Cup Corn Frozen
1/2 Lemon For a zest. Optional
Grated Parmesan cheese Optional
- In a pot, bring water to boil and put in the pasta until cooked.
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp, if not already.
- In a stir-fry pan, heat up the oil until its warm. Add sliced garlic in and let it cook for few minutes to get the garlic flavor out into the oil. Then add shrimp and salt.
- Once the shrimp is cooked for about 2-3 minutes, add in the peas and corn.
- When the shrimp, corn, and peas are done, add in the cooked pasta and squeeze half of a lemon into the pan. Add parsley and pepper on top. Add parmesan if desired. If you find the pasta to be dry, add additional avocado oil.