It is snowing here in NY today. This means it is time to experiment in the kitchen and whip out some tasty treat. So, I'm going to share with you this healthy and delicious white truffle lemon pepper kale chips that only takes a few minutes to make. It is the perfect guilt-free, satisfying, baked, gluten-free, and nutritional snack for a lazy day.
Are Kale chips actually good for you?
Baking kale in the oven until they are crisp, this method of cooking retains all nutritional value of the kale, creating a low-calorie, nutrition-dense snack.
What are the benefits of eating kale chips?
- Weight management: Kale chips are a great substitution for other high calories snacks. With ghee butter, it can jump-start your digestive system and reduce inflammation.
- Supports eye health: One cup of kale contains 206 percent of your vitamin A needs in the form of beta-carotene. Beta-carotene combined with other nutrients helps reduce the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration.
- Vitamins and minerals rich: Kale is packed with iron, potassium, vitamin A, C, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamin K.
Why Ghee butter?
- Ghee has a high smoke point of 450F. Because a vast majority of high smoke point oil such as peanut oil, soybean oil, corn oil, and canola oil is genetically modified cooking oil, they are not healthy for consumption. In many kale chips recipes, olive oil is being used, but olive oil should not be used for cooking and should only be used to add after cooking in dressing or sauces. Many fats change their fatty acid structure when heated and become unhealthy.
- Better than butter. Ghee has a unique nutrition profile without any lactose or casein. For people who are lactose or casein sensitive, they can use ghee because the process has removed these allergens.
Be safe out there in the snow and stay warm
White Truffle Lemon Pepper Kale Chips
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 20 Minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F and preheat the pan you are going to use for 5 minutes.
- Take out the pan once it’s warmed up and spread some ghee butter in the pan. It will melt off your knife and turn into liquid form.
- Wash and shred kale leaves into small pieces or desirable size.
- In a bowl, toss the kale leaves with a pinch of salt and lemon pepper. Then place it in the baking pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 F for ~ 20 minutes.